The 33rd edition of the Polagra fair started today in Poznań. This is a whole block of trade fair events: Polagra Food, Polagra Gastro, Polagra Tech, Invest Hotel and PakFood. The fair was opened by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Krzysztof Jurgiel, who stressed that it was the largest exhibition event of the agri-food industry in Central and Eastern Europe.
Photo. Minister Krzysztof Jurgiel opens the POLAGRA 2017 Fair
- This is the feast of the entire industry – said the Head of the Ministry of Agriculture and added that the importance of that event made many exhibitors choose that place to present their latest achievements. The international participants promote competition and innovation. In Poznań, the representatives of the domestic and international agri-food industry meet and Polish food is presented very well.
The Minister stressed that all the time we achieved the positive balance of trade amounting to more than EUR 7 billion.
- Polish food is sought in the global markets, as evidenced by foreign trade data. Last year, we exported agri-food products worth more than EUR 24 billion. This year, we forecast the growth to more than EUR 25 billion. This forecast is promoted by the results of the first 7 months. Our largest customers remain the European Union countries, receiving more than 80% of the value of the entire export – informed Minister Jurgiel.
Polagra is the largest Polish fair of the food industry, food technologies, catering and hospitality industry as well as packaging industry. This is the contracting fair, which for many years has been supporting the development of trade between Poland and the rest of the world. Its formula allows mainly to attract new, solid business partners. For many years, the fair has been a venue for presentation of the industry achievements and talks about its future, and, above all, the development of long-term business relationships in the food industry.
- As regards the food production, we are the power. We export more and more of food – said President of the Board of MTP, Przemysław Trawa, during the opening ceremony, but he noted that we are more and more willingly returning to traditional, regional food, produced at a close distance from the place of consumption.
The President also informed about the change in the concept of the fair presentations. Starting from the next year, Polagra Food will appear in a new version. On the new date (8-10 May) and the with a new formula. There will be 3 days of contracting supported by the intense promotion of the fair in the domestic and foreign markets, cooperation with ambassadors and industry institutions, representatives of the network in the Polish market.
- I hope that the exhibitors will accept this fair-related evolution – said President Grass.
After the opening ceremony of this year’s, still unchanged Poland, the gala of presenting the MTP Gold Medals – the award granted to innovative products, was held. Also, the Acanthus Aureus awards were presented to the stands best prepared for implementing the company’s marketing strategy during the fair.
Participation in Polagra is an opportunity to reach a wide group of potential customers. Among them, there are not only representatives of commercial networks, but also owners of food warehouses and companies involved in food distribution.
As every year, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and subordinate institutions, actively participate in the fair. The ministerial stand promotes the products marked with the Discover Good Food mark, used by the chefs to prepare culinary specialties. Today, the attraction which also enchanted Minister Jurgiel was the omelette with porcini.
The recently appointed National Support Centre for Agriculture also organised an information and promotional stand on which Minister Krzysztof Jurgiel opened the Zone of Inspiration, where the talks about the future of agriculture will be held. Also, the space-related issues will be discussed. This year’s keynote of this event is Space in agriculture.
Also, the important international events are held at the fair. Minister Krzysztof Jurgiel participated in the Polish-Nigerian Economic Summit.
- We want to make you more familiar with our achievements in the agri-food sector. Despite the large distance between our countries, we have a similar passion for high-quality food. Polish products are of this quality and moreover their price is competitive – stressed the Head of the Polish Ministry of Agriculture.
Nigeria is the fourth, in terms of the export value, trading partner from Africa. Poland records the positive balance of trade in agri-food products. Last year, the value of the Polish export to that country was nearly EUR 52.2 million and increased by 1.6 times when compared to the previous year. To Nigeria, we export mainly wheat as well as malt extract and dairy products.
Today, at the Polagra fair a meeting of the Polish-Belarusian working group is held. On the part of Poland, it is chaired by the Undersecretary of State, Ewa Lech, and on the part of Belarus – by the Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Food of the Republic of Belarus, Aleksandr Mikhailovich Subbotin.
The Polagra Food fair for many years has been an event, whose main advantage are extensive opportunities to establish international contacts and cooperation with new customers. This is the contracting fair, supporting the development of trade between Poland and the rest of the world.
This year, the Polagra Food fair, along with the accompanying events, will last until 28 September.